Sunday, September 28, 2008

Munny Time!

Well awhile back my g/f painted me a picture of a Koala. So when I saw this I thought of her, plus its a really good custom. Its something I have not seen done before, which is tough with how many customs that come out every week. Please check this out and also visit his site for more pictures and info, thanks.


So tell me alittle about your self?
I get most of my inspirations from things that I love. I am a gamer, so most of my customs are video game related. I first started by customizing Stuffed Koalas. These were Star Wars based, because at the time I found a cool Slurpee Lid I wanted to use for something, and so I made my Darth Vader Koala. After the Koalas I caught the customizing fever. I next went to customizing LEGO Minifigures. The majority of my LEGO customs were Legend of Zelda Customs. There was a break in my customs for about a year. I had to live in Hawaii (poor me :P) for work for 11 months, and I didn't have a lot of access to my supplies. When I got back, I fell into the vinyl scene.

When did you first learn about Munny's?

I learned of Munnys about 2 years ago when I was in Hawaii. I loved the simple shape, and I could see these being made into a bunch of different things. I had to have one.

Is this your First and what was the inspiration, tell me alittle about it?
My first Munny was actually my piranha plant Munny, which you can see here The Koala is actually the mascot for my website http://www.kodykoala.com./ I wanted to dress him up for Halloween, so I guess that was my inspiration.

What type of paint, markers, ect. did you use?

I pretty much use the cheap acrylic paints from WalMart. I mix them to get the desired colors. I also use automotive clear coats on the finished products to keep them looking good.

Are your customs for sale and do you take commissions?
I have actually been toying with the idea of selling my customs, but currently they are for my personal collection. I don't feel that they are good enough to sell. All my work up until now is me practicing and trying to find my style.

Is there a website or contact info for you?
Kodykoala.com
Flickr page.

No comments: