Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MUNNY TIME!


So tell me a little about your self?

Born and raised in Florida and my parents gave me the collecting bug early.
I had a lot of toys growing up; M.U.S.C.L.E. Men, Battle Beasts, Mad Balls, G.I. Joe, He-Man, legos, Transformers, and I still have most of them. When my parents would tell me to clean my room, I would just push the piles of toys against the walls so you had space to walk. It’s not much different today.
In 2005 I started collecting Palisades and Mezco toys like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy and South Park. My friend Kip Williamson saw my collection and handed me a book called "Vinyl Will Kill". I flipped. I just liked how bubbly and colorful everything was, I was immediately hooked.

When did you first learn about Munny's?

2006

Is this your First and what was the inspiration, tell me a little about it?

I have done about 4 pieces (quality over quantity). There are also some small ones around the house just from having ideas at that particular time.
Insperation for this piece came from Kip. He is an avid Star Wars collector with a 13' x13' room covered from floor to ceiling and wall to wall with toys (production and fan made). He wanted a giant Boba Fett. Since its least used he wanted the colors to be from the 80's cartoon series DROIDS (the first time Boba Fett was introduced). Before I knew it, he had a Mega Munny in hand and colors already picked out.

What type of paint, markers, ect. did you use?

On the Boba Fett I used Krylon Spray Paint. When I started customizing, I was using Elmer’s Paint Markers. They aren’t the best for color variety but they go on smooth and don’t stick afterwards.

Are your customs for sale and do you take commissions?

None are for sale now, although I am available for commissions!
I will be busy with one due October 9th, but if you are interested you can drop me a line at jmf337@att.net

Is there a website or contact info for you?

Email me or you can get a hold of me thru the Forums user name jmf337

I would like to thank Justin for taking the time and sending me this. That piece is awesome and I am glad it took 3rd place at Munnyocalypse. Awesome Work!

-RSIN-



No comments: